Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Thursday, December 15, 2005

I'm still here!

Ok, ok, I'm still here.  I admit, I did get a little excited yesterday (who wouldn't?), and should've known I probably wouldn't go right away.  I'm still excited, though, and am slowly getting some housework done around here.
I did get off to a late start today, but I am all caught up on about 2 days worth of dishes…shame on me for doing that baking yesterday and not even filling my sink with water!  I have recently gotten into the habit of doing that, and it has saved me so much time, so I don't know what I was thinking yesterday
Maintaining a clean kitchen is one of the most important things that I need to do as far as housework goes, because if my kitchen isn't clean, I can't stand being in it!  I cannot stand cooking or baking in a kitchen that is messy, even if it's just the dishes that need to be done.  One of the best things I had started doing is filling that sink with hot soapy water every time I started cooking or baking.  I had been told probably thousands of times by many different people that this will make a difference, but for some reason, I didn't start listening until recently.  Now, I love being done with the cooking or baking and looking at an empty sink!  I fill it with a fresh supply of hot soapy water right before we eat a meal, too, so that people can just drop their dirty dishes in and let them get a good soak.  Can you tell I don't have a dishwasher?  We had one before we moved into this house, and I only used it a handful of times over the period of a year, so it wouldn't do me any good.  Like my dear mother, washing dishes is actually soothing to me (as long as it's not too overwhelming!) .  Okay, I'll get off the dishsoap box, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment