Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Short baby update

I'm still not online too much, but I thought I'd jump on and give an update after yesterday's doctor's appointment (yes, I did make it ), as well as catch up on some blog reading .
Since we did make it to the appointment, I fully expected to be scheduling a c-section for today.  But this little stinker just does not want to come out .  His non-stress test came out perfect, and I am now dilated to 4 cm, so my doctor wants to hold out one more week, since he thinks something will happen very soon.  He told me not too many women walk around at 4 cm for very long.  If I go into labor by the end of the day today, I can still leave the hospital on Christmas Eve…knowing this baby, I will go into labor Saturday morning and have him just before midnight Christmas day or something like that LOL.
Gosh, I remember when I was in labor with my Vincent.  My water broke at 1:30 in the morning and by the time we got to the hospital I was dilated to 3 cm, after being 2 cm for the last 2 weeks.  It took until around 3 that afternoon to get to 4 cm, and by that time I was asking for an epidural .  Now, I AM at 4 cm, and I keep wondering if the contractions I feel are “real” or not LOL.  My, oh, my…I know they say each pregnancy can be different, but with these two…I'm wondering how much more different it can get!
If I don't get back on with an update before Sunday, I want to wish you all a very blessed Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment