Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Friday, September 15, 2006

Exciting Times

I know that I already blogged about it, but after today I have to do it again.  It is so exciting to see how much easier and easier it is getting for Vincent to read words, even words he has not seen before.  It is also so cool how well he is doing in math.  I got him a 1st grade math workbook (he already flew through the K stuff) from Sam's, and he is just flying through that stuff.  He has a hard time sometimes with the number words, as with the phonics we are doing, he is just having to visually memorize those right now.  But even those, he is getting good at.  Vincent even did his first crossword puzzle today!  LOL.  His grandma is always doing them, and he is finally seeing what all the fuss is about.

Meanwhile, dh and I are getting ready to order the next set of curriculum from My Father's World.  I just love looking through their website.  For now, I plan on using at least through 6th or 7th grade, but of course, I (or more like Vincent) may change, so we'll see.  We can always supplement as well.  I just really like their packages and curriculum!  So far, it has been fun, and well, it's working!  LOL.  I guess I just like the style of how it's presented and taught, and the material itself is top notch.  Yes, I know it's kind of a weird time of year, but Vincent will be finished with K around the end of October (we did start at an odd time, but it's also only 26 weeks) and then we will get him right into first grade.  I'm not sure how long the 1st grade curriculum is, but I'm guessing we will be starting 2nd grade at the beginning of the next “normal” school year LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment