Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A fairly good start

Well, I'm off to a good start so far today.  I started my 3 day steroid treatment for my symptoms yesterday.  It didn't seem to help much yesterday, but today almost all my numbness is gone.  My right leg is still a little weak and dragging, but it's much better than yesterday, and my back has no more pain!  Praise God!  I woke up this morning and the baby was still sleeping, so I got all the dry laundry in our room folded and put away and changed our bedding, and had Vincent change his.  This is one of the things I'm so glad I've been able to teach him!  Since he has a bunk bed, it saves me so much time having him do this.   I got Andrew up and changed and fed, got Vincent fed after his wake-up chores, and then ate some breakfast with my second round of pills.

My right leg started bugging me, so here I am, taking a little break before getting the dishes done.  They got piled up yesterday, so there's quite a bit, but I definitely have the energy today.  Then I need to start a load of laundry, fold and put away the load in the dryer, and then just do a good general picking up of the house.  Vincent has already started.  He is picking up the living room for me while Andrew is following him around in his walker .  I also need to get the bathroom clean and scrubbed down, too.  The rugs and towels are already in the basement waiting to be washed and the bathroom is picked up, so all I need to do is the scrubbing and the floor.  Yay!  If I have the energy later, all the main floors really need to be done, too, as the dog has been dragging in leaves from outside.  He LOVES to roll in them.  LOL.

I think once these pills kick in, I will have plenty of energy to do all this.  Dh said his mom had to be on a steroid inhaler for her asthma once, and she got the entire house clean in a day!  Same house, as we purchased this house from them when they moved to Nevada.  Don't worry, I'm not setting my goal that high! LOL.  But, if I feel good enough to keep going, I'm going to.  Dh works a double today, and my goals today are to have him walk in the door and 1) be speechless at how SPARKLY the house is, and 2) walk into a haven.  I want him to be able to just RELAX after walking in from working literally ALL day.  Especially after staying home the last day-and-a-half helping me during the worst of this latest episode.

Plus, he took me out to the mall yesterday.  I had wanted to get out of the house, and figured it would do me good to walk, as long as I didn't have to go up any stairs, and it was wet and cold outside, so we went to the mall.  We went to the Yankee candle store, and he let me stock up on some Christmas tarts .  All the more motivation to get this house clean and turn it back into the sancuary it's supposed to be for the Lord and my family .

Well, I'm off to check my email, and then it's back to work!  I will try and check in later with my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment