Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Slow, but sure progress

Okay, I don't have any after shots of our catch-all room yet, but I'm making progress.  I forgot to take a complete before shot, but here's what things looked like half-hour after I started...





Waaaaay too many toys, I know!  And there are tons more in the basement, but that will be for another day.  .  Anyways, I worked on it for about an hour today, and here's where I am so far...


Doesn't seem like much for the time I have spent, but most of it was sorting.  My 5 year old son has sooooo many sets of things that have little pieces that are dispersed EVERYwhere.  The bag on the left is things for a garage sale next spring, and the other bag is garbage, which has already been hauled out to the garbage bin.  Here's what the room's looking like so far...





Everything in this picture is sorted and organized, except for the big blue bin in front, which I need to finish going through.  I put all his little "sets" into ziplocks and put them into the sorting bins.  The blue crate to the right of the sorting bins is for all his Hot Wheels, and the bag on top is bath toys, which I will find a place for later.  When I took the above picture, here's what's behind me...


The pink bin has already been sorted, just waiting to get the rest of the room done.  The rest of the stuff is mostly camping stuff and dh's hunting stuff that needs to be organized.  The big white thing toward the right is carpeting that I think dh wants to put down in the room when it's clean.  It's mostly big stuff left after the toys are done, so it should go pretty fast once the toys are done.  The toys will eventually be culled down and moved downstairs to our front porch, which will be used as our homeschool room as well.  In spring, we will have a garage sale and get rid of the love seat and few other pieces that are in the front porch right now, and we will have more room to put this stuff.  Dh's hunting and camping stuff will be sorted into a few bins and be kept in this room, and we can also turn it into a guest room when needed, as we have one of those double high air beds that can be inflated quickly, along with sheets and such that fit it.

Anyways, that's the de-cluttering process so far.  Hopefully I can get more done later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment