Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Monday, November 27, 2006

Test Results

I got a call from a nurse at the neurologist's office today with the test results we have been waiting for...they have come back positive, so I most likely have MS.  I have been having another flare-up of symptoms as well, so I'm not sure if I'll be on the computer very much this week, considering the last time I couldn't even type for a few days.  Tomorrow, my doctor's nurse will call and set me up with a nurse practitioner to get the medication going.  I will have to give myself injections 3 times per week.  This will not take care of the symptoms, but it will slow down/stop progression of the disease.  I will need to take a pill at the time of injection, or else I will get flu symptoms as well.  If I still need medication for the MS symptoms (aka, if they're bad enough), they will give me some sort of steroid medication for that.  Hopefully after this, the injections will slow down things enough that I won't get symptoms that often.  Of course, it may take awhile to get the right type and dose of medication in the first place, but I know it will work out.

I find comfort in knowing that God is in control, and I know He will take care of me.  I may be slowed down by the symptoms when they rear their ugly head, but this disease will NOT control me.  I still plan on living as close to normal as I possibly can.  I will take care of my home, my family, and I will keep my kids home with me where they belong.  I have been so blessed that the Lord has put me in a wonderful place with excellent doctors.

Speaking of which, I just got a call back in the middle of my typing, as the nurse had talked to another neurologist (mine is out this week) and has already prescribed oral meds for my symptoms.  Dh will pick them up later (I am to start them in the morning, as some people have trouble sleeping if taken too late in the day).  Fun, huh?  Dh said when his mom had to be on these meds (can't remember what for), it made her really hyper, so maybe by the end of the day tomorrow, I'll have an after picture of the room I should be working on .  LOL.

Anyways,  I hope and pray that all I do, and all my family does, with this, is glorifying to the Lord.  I am in His hands, and that is my greatest comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment