Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Happy 2007! Much to catch up on...

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year! 

Yesterday was also my birthday, and I had a wonderful day!  NO cooking, Nick let me choose what I wanted for meals, and he went and got it .  We did a little shopping, a little relaxing, and a lot of having fun!  Most of my family also chipped in to buy me an eliptical, as they know I want to try and get in good shape so that I can stay on top of my MS as much as possible.

Speaking of which, the injections that I started just before Christmas have been going really well.  So far, I haven't had any relapsing of symptoms, and this is the longest I've gone for awhile without them.  Yay!  One thing that was really tough for us at first, though, was the fact that I CANNOT get pregnant while on these meds...the miscarriage/defect rate is pretty high, so after much praying and through many tears, Nick and I decided it would be downright irresponsible to not do anything about getting pregnant.  The thing is, you have to be off the meds for 3 months before even trying, to get it out of your system.  I have been known to take a LONG time to get pregnant (it's been a little over a year since Andrew's been born now, only 2 months breastfeeding, and nothing so far).  That 3 months plus however long it takes to concieve, without doing anything to stop the progression of the MS, can be pretty damaging to me.  And that wouldn't do any good to the 2 blessings the Lord has already given us.  So for now, we have decided that we are just going to have to face that we may be done having our own kids.  But we are definitely open to adoption after things settle and if/when the Lord leads.

Right now, I am in the middle of making up the month's menus.  I have decided that at the beginning of each month, I will make menus for the entire month (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) so I won't have to worry about it.  Today, I'm taking the boys to the grocery store and we will be buy all non-perishables for the month.  That way, each week I will only have to buy the fresh things for that week.

Anyways, I better get moving!  I also plan on getting all the Christmas deco down this week .

No comments:

Post a Comment