Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Monday's to-do's

Speaking of time management, I really need to crack open my Home Management Binder and really start using it again!  I have been updating it, so I am really anxious to get back into some regular routines starting on Monday.  Oh, and I just went to get out my cookbooks and realized I really should organize the food we have here and take inventory first, so I know what kinds of recipes to be looking out for.  I really want to use as much of what we have on hand first, before I go and buy anything.  Here's pics of the areas I need to organize and take inventory of:

Deep freeze


Refrigerator (and it's freezer)


General kitchen area (non-perishables and non-refrigerated produce)

(I have no idea why this turned out so small, btw LOL!)

Basement pantry storage



Anyways, here's my schedule for Monday (I don't put in times, as I'm not that structured yet):
~Wake up
~Morning Routine (Bible time, make bed-Mon change sheets, straighten bedroom, get dressed, swipe bathroom, change Andrew, inspect Vincent's chores, start laundry)
~Breakfast
~Table chores
~Brush teeth
~Homeschool
~Short chore time (basically just picking up and maintenance)
~Lunch
~Table chores
~Playtime with the boys
~Read aloud time
~Nap time for the boys
~Daily cleaning (Mon is laundry; focus cleaning in porch, hall, and yard; and sweeping the upstairs)
~Afternoon routine (this is when I usually finish laundry, do any dinner prep or baking, pick up where needed, and any extras I have time to do...hopefully will have time to take inventory)
~Exercise
~Computer time
~Get kids up
~Finish making dinner, if necessary
~Dinner
~Table chores
~Family time
~Kids baths/bedtime
~Time with Nick
~Before bed routine (quick kitchen clean, pick up house, bath, get ready for bed, bible reading)

Sounds like a lot, I know, but as long as I'm keeping up on it, things really don't take very long!  Anyways, hopefully I will have time in there to take inventory of our food...I've been meaning to do it for the last week or so, but have not been motivated to really dig in, especially into the deep freeze!  Yikes, that will be the biggest hurdle to jump, but I know it will be way more helpful and a big time saver to know exactly what I have on hand.

Have a good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment