Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Friday, August 24, 2007

A Productive Friday

Well, I’m just stopping by while taking a break in a busy day.  My neurologist has me on a one-day steroid treatment once per month to help with the other MS stuff.  I guess it’s working, because I have been on the go since I got up this morning!  Here’s what I’ve gotten done so far:
Made bed
Cleaned bedroom (including putting all clean laundry away)
Got laundry running (one load in washer and one in dryer now)
Last night’s dishes (I know, I shoulda had them done, but it doesn’t always get done!)
Picked up and put away things where they belong around the house
Weeded and swept the front yard (now it’s ready for hubby to mow tomorrow)
Washed down the outside of the front door and the two windows I can reach :-)
Got the garbage and compost out
Now I want to start working on the backyard.  That will take a lot more work than the front, so I doubt I will get it done today, but I want to get as much done as possible.  I also have to finish up the laundry, iron some shirts for dh, scrub down the bathroom and sweep the floors.  And once I get the yard done, I will resume de-cluttering on the inside of the house :-) .  I need to finish the living room and our front porch, then the downstairs will be done.  The bedrooms are another story and will probably take me awhile.  Then, it’s on to the basement.  It’s still somewhat of a disaster, but luckily, I got a lot of work down there this spring, and the garage sale cleared A LOT of stuff out for us.  I know we will have plenty more for a garage sale next year and hopefully, we will pretty much be done with the de-cluttering…and KEEPING the clutter out!
Yesterday, I went to the library and checked out a pile of readers, picture books, books with CD’s, and some Ranger Rick magazines for Vincent.  That will be our "school" for now, until I can order curriculum.  I figure as long as he keeps on practicing reading, and is reading good things, he will be just fine until we officially start, and will even be better prepared as he has more time to practice reading :-) .
Anyway, this got a lot longer than I planned, but I do like to get things "down on paper."  LOL!  If I’m not back on in a couple of days, have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment