Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Monday, August 20, 2007

Slooooooooow week so far

Well, first grade has been behind us for a couple of weeks now, and we have been getting much done around here around the house, especially last week.  Which is good, because it has been rainy and dreary the last few days, and it’s supposed to stay that way all week.  This is really taking it’s toll on me and making me very tired, so the last couple of days I’ve been getting the bare bones basics done and not much else.  And thank God for crock pots.  :-)   Dinner is in the crock pot for tonight, and the entire house smells good.
Well, I am as prepared as I am going to get for 2nd grade.  Now all I need to do is order the curriculum.  We are still waiting to have enough money, as we are a little behind right now.  Dh is just starting to get better hours at his part-time job, after having a few months of down-time there, and we are still trying to catch up.  I need to be vigilant, because while I am anxious to get started, I don’t want to be stressing him out by bugging him about when we can get the curriculum.  He just doesn’t need the stress right now…he knows we need it and he has told me he will take care of it, so I just need to trust that the Lord will provide in HIS timing, not my own.
I am sooooo glad I worked hard on getting our home in order last week, as it has made this "lazy" time much easier.  I haven’t really done a whole lot yesterday and today, but I can honestly say I wouldn’t be embarrassed by a surprise visit, so that’s good!  My kitchen and hallway are both completely de-cluttered.  :-)   The dining room doesn’t need any de-cluttering, and I need dh’s help with the living room.  The movie cabinet is "his" area, so I’m not touching a thing unless he’s helping LOL!  He also said if I can find an empty tote, he will go through his clothes…right now, we have a laundry basket full of his clothes that won’t fit in his dresser…it’s been sitting around for months now, so it will be nice to have that gone!  And let me tell ya, it has been really hard to NOT deep clean while de-cluttering, but I know I have been able to get as much done as I have because I have managed to hold myself off from deep cleaning!  LOL!  I figure once all the main areas are de-cluttered, I will go through and do a "fall cleaning."  I never really got around to spring cleaning this year, so this will be nice.  :-)
Anyway, the boys are napping, so I’m off to make my rounds of the blogs.  Have a nice Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment