Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Monday, September 3, 2007

Happy Labor Day!

Well, it’s been a pretty good week!  I’ve come a long ways as far as de-cluttering.  The main floor of my house is complete, and I have started upstairs now.  I told hubby it’s kind of like paying off credit cards lol…once you get one paid off, you have more money to apply to the next and it just snowballs.  The more I have stuck to de-cluttering, the more time I have to actually get more de-cluttering done.  The house has been getting easier and easier to maintain.  So, even though I have more time to spend on projects that need to get done, I also seem to have way more time to just relax and hang out with the boys.
Speaking of the boys, we still haven’t been able to get curriculum yet.  But I’m not going to sweat it…we just finished first grade barely a month ago.  Tomorrow I’ll probably just start doing a few things from Ambleside just for some brain exercise :-) but for the most part, we are just going to enjoy our break.  Besides, it’ll be nice to have some time to make sure everything gets (and stays!) clean and organized before we officially get back into the school routine.
On the financial front, we could really use some prayers.  We will be meeting a bankruptcy lawyer soon to discuss options.  We may not file, and we really don’t want to, but we may not have a choice.  We are going to see if we have any other options, and we will have to file as a last resort after we’ve ruled everything else out.  Hubby is really stressed out to be at this point, but I am behind him 100 percent!  I do hate to see him like this, because he truly is working so hard to try and fix our past mistakes.  We both understand that God WILL provide our every need, but I do understand that he still worries about what’s going to happen.  Hubby’s prayer is that he’s not somehow resisting God’s will.  He’s really trying to listen and follow God’s leading in this.  All I know is that God has already done some amazing work here.  Because if we would have been in this spot before we found the Lord…let’s just say it would not be a pretty picture.  I hate to even think of what this home and family would be like.  But the Lord gives us all the strength we need to get through these times.  The Lord gives and the Lord takes away.  Blessed be the name of the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment