Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.
Proverbs 16:3

This verse really stuck out to me this morning while I was in the Word.  I'm getting a lot better than I used to be with my thoughts, but I still struggle with the crabby ones at times.  When I first accepted the Lord as my Savior, I was constantly directing all my thoughts to Him.  I would constantly have conversations with him in my thoughts about everything I was doing.  Somewhere along the way, I have lost that.  I'm sure I still do it more often than I realize, but I often find myself forgetting to talk to the Lord, especially in those moments when I should be doing it the most.

Starting today, I am going to try to make a conscious effort to do everything unto the Lord.  Every action I do, I will try and remember to keep the Lord in mind.  If I do this, my thoughts will stay with Him.  I would love to have that "pray without ceasing" habit back.  If I remember to commit all my works throughout the day unto the Lord, I will be thinking about Him, and if I'm thinking about Him, my attitude will be better, and when my attitude is better, I won't have to make such a conscious effort to keep the cycle going.  Then my thoughts will always be with the Lord, and I will be able to hear Him immediately when He's trying to guide me a different way than my own way.

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for your Word, and those nudges you give us when we need them.  You are All-Powerful, and I pray that You will guide me and help me in this effort to commit my works unto You.  I pray not only for guidance, but for the wisdom to see Your guidance, hear Your guidance, and the strength and boldness to apply it.  I also pray for those reading this post, that they will be blessed by what You are using me to say.  And I pray that You will continue to use me, Lord.  Use me in whatever capacity You need, to bless those who love You, and to reach out to those who still need to find You.  In Jesus' precious name I pray all these things.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment