Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Friday, October 26, 2007

A Yeast Experiment Part 2

Okay, so today we did the same yeast experiment as the other day, only we used salt in place of the sugar.  Here's how it started...



...and 15 minutes later, it looked EXACTLY the same!  LOL!  Well, I learned something new...I always thought it was the salt that activated the yeast, and I could've sworn I've made bread without sugar before, but now I can't think of any recipes that don't use sugar.  And, well, obviously it's needed!  Next week, we will make bread together, and I can't wait!  Although, my dough hook broke on my Kitchen-Aid (long story, trust me), so we will probably be doing it by hand.  It's been awhile since I've done it, but it will be good for Vincent to learn it that way first anyway.

We also made butter today by shaking whipping cream in a jar until it separated into butter and buttermilk.  Vincent actually matched me pretty good as far as shaking time goes, so hopefully, my arms won't be sore in the morning LOL!

As far as the de-cluttering goes, I've had to take today to kind of regroup and do some maintenance cleaning on the main floor before it even thought about getting out of control.  I want to stay as organized as possible while we go through this, because I have BTDT as far as moving and NOT being very organized about it, and I don't want to go back to that place LOL.  But, I now have dishes done, a load of laundry in the dryer (I'm actually staying pretty caught up on laundry!), and the entire main floor picked up again.  I even ventured under, behind, and INto furniture and found quite a bit of toys (and Cheerios *blush*) that we were missing.  I also did a little re-arranging so that we have lots more space in our front porch to start moving in there the things we are not keeping.

So, I am continuing to PRAISE GOD for all the progress being made around here!  We are ready for a new day!

No comments:

Post a Comment