Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Snowy December!

Note:  I am archiving posts from two separate blogs here, so some information will be repeated.  :)

Wow, it’s been awhile since I’ve updated…life’s been super busy around here!  It is the first day of December, and it is also our first big snow of the year!  It is so beautiful!
There is so much to update on…
First of all, I’m preggers again!  Yay!  I am 7 weeks along and due 7/15/08.  Please keep this little one in your prayers.  The good news is, that because of the pregnancy, I am off all my MS meds and doing great!  Women with MS who get pregnant usually experience remission during pregnancy, so I am happy about that!  Of course, I am more likely to have a relapse within 6 months after giving birth, so I told dh we’ll just have to get pregnant again before then!  LOL!  Seriously, though, for those of you who HATE taking those prenatals…I am completely cherishing this time of only having to take ONE! pill a day.  :-)
The bad news (okay, not really bad, you’ll see in a minute) is that we cannot afford to live in our house anymore.  Dh’s second job (PT) is in a pretty bad season for hours right now, as it is every year.  Even just basic expenses are starting to be too much, so we are looking at 3 bedroom townhome rentals right now.  We will probably be moving by June at the VERY latest.  So we are going through some massive de-cluttering right now (a good thing!).  With all the storage space in our house, we’ve always just kept stuff because "we could," but now we won’t have that option anymore, and it’s time to realize what’s really important.  I will blog more about this later, because I could spend entirely too much time on how wonderful de-cluttering has already been for our home!
Lastly, Vincent is just chugging wonderfully along in 2nd grade.  We have our moments, of course, but for being a young second grader (he will be 7 in March), he is doing amazingly well!  Right now, we are focusing on Jesus, the Giver of Living Water for bible; we just finished reading about the signing of the Declaration of Independence, so that’s where we are in American History (I love this year!), and of course, learning about water in science to correspond with our bible lessons.  This is another thing I will have to blog about later, as it is getting late, and dh will be home soon!
Oh, yes, and I would love to be able to post pictures on here of our projects and stuff (dh doesn’t allow face shots, but there’s still plenty of fun pics I can post!), but I can’t figure out how to get pictures formated to put in my blog entry.  They keep coming up too big.  So if anyone can give me some tips, I would greatly appreciate it!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment