Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Farmer Boy

This week we started reading Farmer Boy boy Laura Ingalls Wilder.  All I can say is wow!  Do you have any idea how much my fingers are itching to pick it up at night (when Vinny's sleeping LOL!) and read ahead...way ahead?  Am I a nerd or what???  I don't care...what a wonderful book!  And I must say, it makes me hungry!  Hee hee.  There is so much detail put into the chores that must be done, and then the food!  Wow, I can't believe how big their breakfasts were!  I literally watched Vinny's eyes grow wide as I read all the stuff Almanzo was describing that they were having.

I have the Little House Cookbook sitting on my kitchen shelf doing nothing right now.  I am definitely inspired to pull it out and get cooking!  How fun it would be to tie some of our meals in with what we're reading for school.    I just hope no one expects a breakfast as big as this:  oatmeal with cream and maple sugar, fried potatoes, buckwheat pancakes with sausages & gravy or butter & maple syrup, preserves and jams and jellies and donuts.  Oh, and big slices of apple pie.

Maybe for Vinny's birthday??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment