Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Friday, August 8, 2008

Sleep, excitement, and too much emotion

I can't believe I remembered how to spell the word sleep, let alone even remember what it is!  My little guy has decided that his time to be up is between 11pm and 4am.  Yowsers!  With Nick back at work and the other 2 boys to take care of, I'm exhausted.

I did have a happy moment, today, though.  Nick said I can go ahead and spend some money at the baby store!    I got a couple of swaddle wraps that will hopefully help Pork Chop (our nickname for him!) sleep better when the rest of us are sleeping.  I do have to work on keeping him up more during the day, though, too.  I swear, if I let him, I think he would sleep all day long.  I have to wake him up every few hours to nurse.  I must not be keeping him up long enough, though, and that's going to change real quick!  I also got a Moby wrap.  Even though this is my 3rd baby, this is the first I'm wearing at all.  It will take some time to get good at wearing the wrap, but I REALLY like it!  It will especially go really good with my nursing smock to make out-and-about nursing super modest.  It will also be good for when I *need* to be up and about doing things...right now, that's Isaac's 2nd favorite time to fuss.  (If you don't know his 1st favorite, go back and re-read about the sleep situation.)

In other exciting news, I have had a really bad emotional day.  My hormones have obviously taken another plummet...must have been during nap time when I wasn't paying attention.  I've been able to fall asleep during nap time for the first time all week.  I was actually doing pretty good before then.  I had gotten the same lack of sleep as I had the last few nights, but I woke up feeling well-rested.  Me and the boys went shopping, came home and had lunch, and all 3 boys went to sleep for their naps.  So I laid down and fell asleep for an hour.  When I woke up, I felt more tired than I had in a LONG time.  I also felt sick to my stomach and my c-sec scar hurt.  Five minutes after I sat up, I was crying, for no reason whatsoever.  No big deal, just what Nick likes to call my hormone happens after having a baby.  Half hour later, though, I was still just tearing up for NOTHING.  I picked up and then hung up the phone at least 5 times.  Nick didn't need the stress.  He was at work and there was nothing he could do about it.  Why should he have to try and trudge through his day knowing his wife was an emotional mess at home where he couldn't be?  But then again, maybe he *could* be home.  Maybe he would hear what's going on and rush right home to comfort me.  Back and forth, back and forth between rational and irrational thinking.  Guess which thought won out?  Let's just say NOT the rational.  I picked up the phone and made that shameful crying phone call to my hubby.

He was very, very nice about it.  I just have to throw in right here that I have the absolute best husband in the entire world.  While he didn't come home like I thought he would at the time (darn it!) he was still able to be there for me when I needed him.  Like he *always* is.  He is totally my "Jesus with skin on."  He has called back twice to see how I was doing.

Okay, this was going to be a short post.  Wow, I really ramble when I'm tired!  I hope I didn't bore you all too terribly.  If you made it this far, could I ask any of the prayer warriors who feel compelled to just pray for me during this time?  One good thing is, I have had some natural progesterone cream recommended that I ordered yesterday and should be getting soon.  I am anxious to see how it helps.

Yikes, I really have to go now.  We have been watching the Olympic opening ceremonies and I lost track of time...need to get the munchkins to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment