Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Advent

Sorry for the lack of updates…due to moving preparations, school’s been on and off lately.  We are in the middle of Brazil now for ECC.  We will finish that up next week, then we will take a break from regular school for advent to participate in advent activities.  I will be (hopefully) posting daily activities either the day of or the day before we do them.  I will mostly be using this calendar from TeachingMom, but will be modifying it for my family.  I’m not sure if she’s going to update it this year, but some of the links don’t work anymore, so I will try and find new ones that will work.
I usually try to do this every year, although we skipped it last year and I contemplated just following the ECC curriculum through the holidays to "stay on task."  But with schooling year round (just started this year) there is no reason we can’t break from the usual curriculum to have a little fun. 
So from now until Thanksgiving, we will work on finishing up our study of Brazil, and I will be preparing the advent stuff.  I just love this time of year and am so happy that I made the decision to "do" this calendar again!

No comments:

Post a Comment