Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Packing progress

Well, I got just about everything packed that I can in the kitchen for now.  I just have out the bare bones of what we'll need for the next 3 weeks.  I do still have all the food unpacked, but I want to see what we use up first.  Nick said not to purposely cook to diminish our supply, as we should have plenty more room in the new house than we have now (I don't have a whole lot of cupboard space in this house), as the new house has cupboards galore!    So, I will cook like normal, and when we get down to the last week I'll pack what we have left, minus whatever I plan on using that week.  And we ARE taking our deep freezer, that has been so invaluable to us, so there is no way we're giving that up!

Anyway, I think I'm done for today.  I'll just finish up some last minute things in the kitchen tomorrow and then move on to the foyer and dining room.  The dining room is where all our homeschool stuff is, so I will just pull out what we'll need for the next couple of weeks (won't be much since we will be concentrating more on packing than school), and pack up the rest.  Then there is our desk, which holds ALL of our paperwork.  Hubby's going to help me sort through all that b/c we don't want to have to be digging through boxes for stuff we may need.  That is always a packing nightmare!  I really, really want to get all three of these rooms packed by the end of the day tomorrow.  That way, hopefully I will be able to get the main floor and the upstairs packed before the end of next week.  Then, we'll have the basement, and that's it!  Sounds easy on paper, doesn't it?   I'd come up with a schedule, because I love making lists, but I rarely follow them, anyway.  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment