Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

BBQ Chicken Pizza

Last night I made BBQ chicken pizza for dinner and it turned out so yummy, I thought I'd post a recipe.  A while back, we had one by Bellatoria and I really liked it.  But, I haven't been able to see them anymore at the wonderful price I got them for, so I thought I'd make up my own.  I browsed online for different versions and wasn't really happy with any of them, so I made up my own.  WARNING:  If you must have exact measurements, this recipe is NOT for you!

Start with your favorite recipe for pizza dough.  I rolled mine out (I so wish I could toss!) onto my pizza stone. 

Pour some of your favorite BBQ sauce onto the dough.  I used Famous Dave's, as it's what was open in my fridge at the time.  Now, like I said, I don't have exact measurements, so you'll just have to use your own judgment.  I would go with a little less than what you would normally put on for pizza sauce in a regular pizza.  I think I put on about the same this first time, and that's about the only thing I would change, is to go a little lighter on the BBQ sauce. 

Next, sprinkle on some cooked, shredded or cubed chicken breast meat.  I had a small bag of pre-cooked grilled chicken breast strips in the fridge, so I went with that...just tore them up as I went along. 

Next, cut a red onion from top to root and peel one half and put the other half in the fridge for some other time (it will last longer if you leave the outer peel on).  Thinly slice the peeled half and disperse those over the top of the chicken.  Now, you can skip right to the cheese.  But, I had some broccoli and cauliflower pieces in my fridge that were just this side of going bad, so I chopped those up roughly and threw them on.

Next, I sprinkled just a light amount of grated Parmesan cheese, then a mixture of shredded colby/jack over everything. 

Pop it in a *preheated* 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.  I have a gas oven, and with the pizza stone, 20 minutes made the crust absolutely perfect.

I wish I would've thought to take pictures, but it disappeared fast!  I think there might be one lonely piece left in the fridge that will most likely be gone before the day is over.   I won't bother the poor thing with the camera. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment