Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Sunday, April 5, 2009

How much really changes?

I stepped out tonight onto our deck, much in the same way I stepped out our deck at the old house many times before we moved.  I looked up at the sky and saw the almost full moon, the thin, wispy, scattered clouds passing over, the stars.  As much as life has changed for my family in the past year, when I look up at the sky from my new deck, it's pretty much the exact same view as from my old deck.  Two totally different places with the same view.

It reminds me of how no matter how much life, this world, or whatever else has changed, when you look to heaven and to God, He hasn't changed.  Not one bit.  Just like when I look up at the sky in the midst of all the change in my life, I'm comforted by the familiar view.  In the same way, I know that no matter where the storms of life take me, I can look to God, and be comforted in who He is...the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.  He will not ever go back on His Word or His promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment