Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A New Journey

I will not be spending nearly as much time on the internet as I have in the past. I really need to re-examine and simplify my life. It's not just the internet, but I realized when we got back from our camping weekend just how many unnecessary things are cluttering my life and taking away my focus from God and family. I will be updating my blog periodically on my journey to a simpler life, but I will not be spending so much time reading about others. You see, in my attempt to live a Christian life, I became too focused on reading about how others live theirs, and less focused on what GOD wants *me* to do.

So, here's the start of my journey. I cut my yahoo groups by more than half and went to "no mail" on the ones I've kept. I am about to go through and cut down BIG time on my Blogger reader list. While I'm not completely going to be off the internet, from now on, I will only be on when my little ones are napping/sleeping and all my chores are caught up. I'm also going to be doing things like my to-do lists with plain old paper and pen. Usually I put them on Word, but checking my list will make it too tempting to "just check a few a few things while I'm at it."

Well, now I'm off to do a little de-cluttering. ;)

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment