Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Colds, apples, and paint, oh my!

Yikes, it's been awhile since I've blogged! I just wanted to let my readers know I'm still here and will be back to my regular blogging shortly. :) We've had a nasty cold sweep through our house (on top of that, the little one's been teething--BACK teeth, ugh!), so that's kept me "busy."

Today, we had our big apple harvest...I know, I know, ONE tree, but it's big for us! LOL! It is a VERY heavy producer, too. And, I found out what kind of apples we have...Haralsons. So, at the moment, I've got another crock pot full of applesauce going, and tomorrow I will be making apple butter. And now that the apples are bigger, the canned apple pie filling will be much easier. I may also try some apple-mint jelly if I can remember to get some pectin from the store.

We are also painting the master bedroom today! I just finished taping it up, and when hubby gets home, we will start painting. My dad helped us put a chair rail around the room, so we are doing two different colors for the bottom and top. I may do the bottom color before hubby gets home, but that's if I have time. My first order of business is to make sure the kids get a good dinner, that the house is in order, and that baths happen tonight, as we have church in the morning. :)

So, I will be back to posting the Proverbs 31 study this week as things wind down, but I will give you a hint and tell you that it will basically be a review of what's been covered so far before we move on. :)

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment