Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Friday, September 4, 2009

On Becoming a Proverbs 31 Woman Part 4

She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens. Proverbs 31:15

Yikes, this is one I seriously need to work on! It is very rare that I'm up before everyone else, and this is something I want to change. The problem in our house is, is that the kids go to bed way before hubby and I do, because of hubby's work schedule. He gets home late, so I usually end up staying up until he goes to bed. We both hated it back when I was working, and I had to always be in bed before he got home from work. What I need to do is take a nap between the time the kids go to bed and the time he gets home. I think now, especially with cutting out my computer time, this will be entirely possible. I'm not usually tempted by housework that late, either. ;)

I love how the Proverbs 31 woman makes sure everyone is fed, including her servants. Now, I know that most of us these days don't have servants like people did back then, but, I do like to consider servants those appliances that make my job easier. :) Such as my washer, dryer, dishwasher, coffee pot, oven/stove etc. So my goal is to make sure I'm up early, preferably before everyone else, and get my servants "fed" and going. If I can do that, a lot of my basic housework will be in progress. Then I will sit down and spend some time in the Word. This is another thing I know I've been missing. I will usually read my bible at night before bed, which I love doing, but I also want to be giving God the very first part of my day as well. I've said it before, and I stick to it, that when I make sure I am in the Word right away in the morning, my day ALWAYS goes better. Then, once I've spent time with my Lord, I can get the kids up and get them breakfast. Because of hubby's work schedule, he prefers to sleep in, so the kids and I will get our day started while he does that. ;) That way, he can wake up to a house that's in order, and a wife and kids who have had a good breakfast and are in good spirits. :)

My goal is to start this coming Monday. So on Sunday, I will make sure I am getting enough sleep so that on Monday, I can "riseth while it is yet night," and give God and my family the best part of my day.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment