Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Monday, November 16, 2009

Proverbs 31 Review 1

11The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
12She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
13She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.
14She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.
15She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.
Proverbs 31:11-15

The above verses are the characteristics of the Proverbs 31 woman that I have covered so far. Before I move on, I wanted to make sure I've got these down. :) I see one area in particular I've improved greatly in, and that's verse 14. With a little help, of course. Things have been so busy around here lately, I decided to subscribe to Saving Dinner, a menu service I have used before that my family has been very happy with. It has been working swimmingly! In the last month and a half, the only times we've gone out to eat is when we've *wanted* to, as a treat. The meals from these menus are always healthy (they use a ton of fresh produce, and they have kosher options for those of us who don't eat pork or shrimp), and our grocery spending has not changed from before. Plus the meals are GOOD! There was only one I can remember that no one really liked, and that was the next day as leftovers, it was good right after I made it. :) Oh, and they're usually easy to make, and they don't use foods that are too "convenience-y," either. Needless to say, the hubby has been pretty happy with how our meals have been going around here lately, and that's a big praise!

Now, I also see an area I still really need to work on, and that's verse 15. It is *hard* implementing a new sleep schedule! I really need to make this my top priority, as it really sets the whole tone for our day. I'm going to make a point tomorrow of getting the kids to bed on time and then taking a nap and setting the alarm for about 10 minutes before hubby gets home. That way, I can still get some rest, but hubby's not coming home to a drowsy-looking wife, either. :P

So, my Proverbs 31 "project" for this week will be working on a better sleep schedule. Next week, I will move on in the study.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment