Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ah, Spring!

It may not be the official date yet, but Spring is definitely in the air! It actually got too hot to wear a sweatshirt outside today. We were able to throw open the windows, air out the house, and spend quite a bit of the day outside. My two older sons spent much of the morning outside. Then, after nap time, we all took a walk to the park that's about a block from our house.

What a joy it was to watch my youngest (20 months) discover fun new things! He LOVES to slide, and this Mama got a lot of exercise helping him get to the top! It was so cute the first time he fell in the sand as he walked across it...he put his hands up like he was saying, "Ew, I don't want to touch this!" LOL! But then I stuck my own hands in the sand and let him watch it sift through my fingers. After that, he was trying to pick some up every chance he got. :)

My oldest was a big help, standing at the bottom of the slide to wait for his youngest brother, and pushing his middle brother in the swing when I had to be with the youngest. We decided to take a round-about way home, and got in a little walk before dinner. :) We came home, had some simple sandwiches, and watched a movie together. What a great day!

A bit later, it did get a little rough as some attitudes flared up, so I'm definitely going to have to keep them closer to me tomorrow, and make sure we get back on track. Because I definitely want to have many more days like this one! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment