Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Friday, March 5, 2010

Daily Homekeeping

I thought I would begin to post my new homekeeping routines. Much of these are taken and adapted from the book Home Comforts, by Cheryl Mendelson. It's a great book, and I highly recommend it.

I keep a notebook on my kitchen counter with lists of daily, weekly, monthly, bi-annual, and annual chores. For the daily chores, I don't really cross anything off, I just go through the list several times throughout the day and make sure everything is being maintained. Here is the list:

Dirty clothes in hamper (this reminds me to run a load of laundry if there is enough for a load)
Clean sinks after use (this reminds me to do the dishes if necessary)
Check bath supplies/towels
Meal prep/clean-up
Fresh kitchen towels/cloths
Fresh cleaning utensils (this reminds me to bleach kitchen brushes and dustpan if necessary)
Clean kitchen and hall floors (high traffic areas are done daily, and this includes washing if necessary)
Make beds
Pick up house/neaten
Empty trash (in evening, if full)

That's it. Once everything is done or in progress on the daily list, I work on the weekly chores, which I will post next.

Lisa

1 comment:

  1. I love Cheryl Mendleson's book!

    ReplyDelete