Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Saturday, March 20, 2010

MS Diet: Milk

After much research on autoimmune disorders and diet, I have decided that I'm going to be giving the MS Diet a try.  This is something that I'm going to be integrating very slowly, as we cannot afford to do otherwise.  Also, hubby and the kids will be able to continue eating foods that I cut out for myself for the time being, although, they WILL be eating the meals I make.  ;)

The very first thing on the list of foods to eliminate is dairy products.  The protein that is found in milk (both cow milk and goat milk) is not good for the immune system of someone with an autoimmune disease...it can contribute to a "leaky gut."  So, the first thing I am doing is switching myself to rice milk, and at least cutting down on all other dairy products, eventually replacing them with dairy-free things.  I don't drink a lot of plain milk anyway, so this is a nice, small baby step.  :)

I tried to make my own rice milk, but it seems really watered down.  I like the stuff from the store better.  If anyone knows any good recipes, please let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I will praying for you daily as you move in this direction. I have already been praying for wisdom and discernment for you! Now I will add courage and perseverance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Deb! I'm already researching other non-dairy sources, and I think I've found a source near us that carries coconut milk yogurt! LOL, I'm excited, I LOVE yogurt, and am so happy there's alternatives out there! :)

    ReplyDelete