Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Friday, March 5, 2010

Odd Jobs

Odd jobs are things I want to get done, but are not specifically mentioned on my other lists. Yes, I am a big list person. Especially with my MS, I have found that I NEED to make lists. If I don't write it down, it may or may not get done. ;)

Right now, my goal is to get the house completely organized and to get rid of clutter. I still go by the zones from Flylady. So, seeing as I am just beginning to implement these routines, I am starting in Zone 1. So, my current "Odd Jobs" list includes:

Organize front hall
Organize dining room
Clean the yard and decks

I do not give myself a specific period of time to complete odd jobs, so they will stay on the list until they are done. That way, I know they are getting done thoroughly, and not just rushed through to get them crossed off by the end of the week.

Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Non-post specific comment... sorry. I'm following your blog because I dig your style! I am a stay at home dad during the day and I am always open to being inspired regarding all things God, politics, being a good leader for my family and, yes, helping to keep the house clean!

    Thanks for your helpful comments on my blog - maybe we can help each other out along the way.

    P.S. I think you have an amazing man for a husband - he is a big inspiration and positive influence to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks, James! Yes, the more we have to hold us accountable, the more we think before we do something we'll regret later. :) And yes, I agree, my hubby IS amazing. :D

    ReplyDelete