Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Frugal Friday: Books

I know, I know, I'm a day late.  LOL!  Better late than never, especially if you love books and are looking for ways to indulge your passion and keep the pocketbook under control!

Do you love to read?  Can't get enough books?  I love to read, and use the library often, but I often find books that I want in my personal collection at home.  If you have books lying around that you just don't want to read for one reason or another, I recommend joining paperbackswap.  When you first join, see if you can find ten books around your house that you are willing to part with, and are in fairly good condition, and list them on paperbackswap.  You will then get two credits toward books.  Books are generally one credit each, two credits for audio books.  Here's how it works:  When people "order" the books you put up, you pay postage to send them out.  As each book is received by the person who requested it, you get another credit!  With your credits, you can order books, and the person sending the book to you covers the postage costs, just as you cover those costs sending out books.  You can use the two credits you get for listing your first ten books, right away.

I listed eleven books last week and already got my two books yesterday from that.  I also sent out three books, so should be getting three more credits any day.  My wish list is pretty long.  ;)

Another resource I found and love, is for those of you who own a ton of books and are trying to find a way to keep track of them.  Librarything is for you.  This is a free site to catalog your home library.  Enter in every book you own, and it will generate recommendations for other books you might enjoy.  You can also become friends with others on the site, and it will tell you which people have libraries similar to yours.  There's many other features, and the best part is, it's free!

No comments:

Post a Comment