Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Thursday, April 1, 2010

MS Diet: Hidden dairy ingredients

I'm happy to say that yesterday, I went completely dairy-free!  I feel great about the changes I'm making for my health.  It's important that if you're going this route, make sure and add things like more fruits and veggies, and supplements that will replace what you're missing in dairy, such as calcium and vitamin D.  I have also found that magnesium really helps with feelings of irritability and stress.

Today, I will get the rest of the ingredients I need to make dairy-, soy-, and gluten-free cheese.  I will post that after I make it and try it.  ;)  I have also replaced any butter I use with either coconut oil or olive oil, whichever is more appropriate to the situation.  I am still looking for something to replace cream cheese, so if anyone knows any good resources for that, let me know!

For now, I have found a very thorough list of hidden dairy in ingredient lists.  This list also includes ingredients that may contain some proponent of dairy, but is not usually a concern for those with a dairy sensitivity or allergy.  It also includes ingredients that may *look* like they contain dairy, but really do not.  Click here for the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment