Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

MS Diet: Watch out for dairy detox!

I managed to go dairy-free for almost a week before Easter.  That day I decided to indulge in some foods that had cheese, were probably made with milk, and yes, some Easter candy.  Oy, never again.

Up until that point, I had made a pretty gradual cut of dairy, going from cutting out milk, which I didn't drink a whole lot of, to cutting out cheese, which was in/on A LOT of things I ate.  Well, on Sunday, I ate dairy, and Monday I didn't eat any.  I woke up Tuesday morning with what felt like some morning allergies.  Except, they didn't go away.  In fact, they got worse as the day progressed (still eating no dairy), to where I had the chills by Tuesday night...no fever though!  I had a feeling, and did some research...sure enough, I was going through dairy detox.  Here's an interesting article.

The fact that I did my first major strength training session yesterday (before I felt too bad) didn't help either.  With the achy muscles, it felt like I was in the middle of a bad cold.  I definitely feel better today, although I'm still achy from the exercise yesterday, and I'm still stuffed up...it's very obvious my body is trying to get rid of all the extra mucous brought on by my completely unnecessary indulgence on Sunday.

So, lesson learned!  No more dairy indulgences for me...it's just not worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment