Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Monday, August 16, 2010

Get Excited!

Major progress has been made recently in my de-cluttering quest.  The gradual process spoken of in my last post was not needed.    My hubby got a hankering to de-clutter, and that's when you know it's going to be a DEEP clean.  :)  Now, it's all fine and good when I de-clutter by myself, but there's only so much I can do, not only physically, but also in the way of WHAT I can get rid of.  I know my hubby doesn't appreciate the "Honey, do you want to keep this, or get rid of it?" every 5 minutes, so I don't do it.  :) Not to mention, my husband can get done in a day, what usually takes me a week.  LOL!

So, yes, I was VERY excited when my hubby told me he wanted to get rid of clutter.  And then what happened?  The KIDS got excited and wanted to get rid of some of their stuff, too!  Yay!  :)  They did a very good job of going through their toys, and actually got rid of quite a bit, and were very willing to part with what Mom and Dad suggested, too.  They were also so nice about passing some things down to their little brother.

We now have some things to list on ebay and craig's list, as well as enough for a yard sale!  We love having yard sales, and so do the kids!  They get to help out and be outside all day, plus, we let them keep the money on anything of theirs that they sell.

I'm not totally done going through the house yet, but we are planning on having our sale this coming weekend, so I have the rest of the week to finish up.  My point is, if you want your kids to get excited about something, YOU need to get excited!  It's catchy.  :)

1 comment:

  1. As I get older I find I want to divest myself of 'stuff' and that's a good thing I think. The kids (adult) get things that are helpful to them and actually had been wishing for.

    ReplyDelete