Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Monday, August 30, 2010

A new school year begins

Today was the first day of kindergarten for my middle son.  He is so excited to finally be doing his own school!  The curriculum we use for all the boys is from My Father's World, and if you click here, you can see their K curriculum.  It is wonderful!

Today, we are starting off a two-week introduction by focusing on the seven days of creation.  We started a creation poster and a creation book, after reading about the first day of creation.  I will post pictures when they're complete.  We also sang the alphabet song and I reviewed letter recognition with him...he already knows a lot of them!  We finished our day by learning the hymn, "My Father's World."  It was a pretty short school day...I think it only took us 20 minutes!  But, it's a good introduction to school for him, and once the first two weeks are done, we will take about an hour to an hour-and-a-half, and it will be a little more intense.

My oldest is still plugging away at fourth grade, which is great!  At his age, he's almost a year ahead, and we have taken our time with this year, as it is our first big year of history.  I'm hoping he'll be done before Christmas, then we can move on to fifth grade after a short break after the New Year.

That's all on the homeschool front for now.  We are down to one car, which I have for the day since we dropped hubby off at work this morning...therefore, it's errand day.  ;)  All that to say, I better sign off for now and get some things done!

No comments:

Post a Comment