Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Productive Day

Today turned out to be wonderful!  I pray the momentum keeps going.  I started today by getting my workout in before I even ate breakfast.  Now, I have to put in a bit of a plug here, because I absolutely LOVE Leslie Sansone's walking videos!  I remember getting her "Walk Away the Pounds" videos years ago.  The workouts are simple, yet they really are effective.  And she always includes levels of intensity from the novice to the veteran walker.  Here is the dvd I popped in today:















Don't be intimidated by the 5 miles!  She always includes "mile markers" so that you can do however many miles you want.  If you're a first-time walker, she even encourages you to try just 5 minutes.  Work your way up to that first mile if you have to.  If you keep it up, you'll find yourself motivated to keep doing a little more, and before you know it, you've got a five-mile walk under your belt (and most likely a little less cush!).  I was able to do the whole 5 miles today, and I'll tell you what, it felt pretty good to not only have accomplished that, but also to have it out of the way right away in the morning!

Another major accomplishment today is that I kept my eating under control.  I have not eaten any dairy (which is a given, I won't touch it anymore after I got sick last time!), gluten, or legume products.  Some days, it's a struggle to stay away from all three...I'm not sure why, since it's a lot simpler to cook without them!  Meat/protein, veggies, and fruit for meals is all I really need to have.  I didn't get advanced menus planned, but I started out today knowing what we would be having for all three meals, so I consider that a start!  Here's what we had today:

Breakfast: Fried eggs (cooked with olive oil) on gluten-free English muffins and topped with organic gluten-free ketchup
Lunch:  Cashew butter sandwiches on gluten-free bread and grapes
Dinner:  Mesquite chicken breasts and corn, and coconut milk ice cream for dessert

I also got some errands run and did some homeschool with my oldest son.  I'm starting Kindergarten with my middle son on Monday, and we are both very excited!  This weekend, I will be going through our curriculum and making sure we have everything we need.  :)

We finished our day with a walk around our neighborhood.  I am very proud of my boys as they were very good all day today!  The Lord has truly blessed us immensely, and I am so thankful to Him for this life He has given me!

No comments:

Post a Comment