Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Friday, April 22, 2011

Almost there

Obviously, I've been away from the blogging world for awhile.  For Lent this year, I decided to give up being on the internet when my 2 youngest sons were awake.  :)  So the only time I've been on lately is nap and bed times.  That time has been mostly given to Facebook, posting an occasional update and keeping up with family and friends.

It's been nice, and I know I'll probably keep a good habit of not being online as much as I used to, I gotta say, it will be nice to be back to a not-so-restrictive schedule.  I have found during this time, that I REALLY like using the boys' nap time to either take a nap myself or to curl up with a book and just read...no internet and no TV.  And of course, by bed time, who cares what we had for dinner?  ;)  That's one of my favorite things to post on Facebook, as it somewhat keeps me on my toes in making sure I'm not slacking on menu planning.

So, there's only a couple of days left of my self-imposed internet restriction, so today for nap time as well as a bit last night at bed time, I've been preparing my Twitter account.  I've had an account there for awhile, but it's been dormant for some time, so I decided to spruce it up a bit and start using it.  :)  I've also connected it to my Facebook and connected both to my blog feed, so this blog post is also sort of a test to make sure it works.

Plans for my blog?  Yes, I know I keep saying I want to write more regularly, but what I'm thinking I'll do is write some posts ahead of time and schedule them to come out on certain days.  That way, when I know I'm going to have a chunk of time, I can dedicate it to writing and stop flying by the seat of my pants so much.  ;)  I also have plans to get my food blog back out of dormancy as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment