Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Friday, April 29, 2011

Proverbs 31 Study...FINALLY!

My first order of business in getting back to regular blogging will be to pick up the Proverbs 31 Study and see it through to completion.  I had been attempted to just drop it and move on to other things, but the Lord has really been tugging at my heart...not only to look at this passage more closely, but to finish what I started.  :)

I also have decided to pick up on scripture memorization and memorize this passage.  I'm big on reading, but I've never really taken the time to memorize, except the occasional verse here and there.  I've really felt led lately to change that, so this past week, my memorization project has been Proverbs 31:10-31.  I can't even begin to tell you how rewarding it is to have God's Word written in your heart.  Not to mention, it can get pretty addicting, and you'll want to do more.  ;)  Trust me, this one is definitely a good addiction to have.

So on Monday, I will post the next installment of "On Being a Proverbs 31 Woman."  Since I am not starting this over from the beginning, and it's been so long since my last post, I will leave you with links to my other posts about it.


On Becoming a Proverbs 31 Woman: Part 1
On Becoming a Proverbs 31 Woman: Part 1a
On Becoming a Proverbs 31 Woman: Part 2
On Becoming a Proverbs 31 Woman: Part 3
On Becoming a Proverbs 31 Woman: Part 4
Proverbs 31 Review 1

I also want to mention a point that I didn't really touch on in the beginning of this study.  I have seen at least a few women around the net practically killing themselves trying to achieve this ideal every day in their home and when they can't "get it all done," they either have breakdowns from stress, or they develop a martyr attitude toward the rest of their family.  Sound extreme?  I'm not sure how common it is, but I have read comments on other blogs that speak of it.

At first glance at the overall Proverbs 31 woman, many women (myself included!) are overwhelmed and give up before they even start because let's face it, the perfect Proverbs 31 woman seems equivalent to the ultimate Supermom!  Do not stress out if you're not doing everything the way this passage says you "should."  I daresay almost none of us are!  I believe we are to look at this passage as a vision of sorts, something definitely to strive for, but to also remember, we are not perfect and never will be this side of heaven.

Won't you join me in studying this wonderful passage of scripture?  If you have any suggestions, PLEASE let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment