Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Monday, October 8, 2012

Shall we continue?

So, it seems I've been gone from the blogosphere for a little while.  Back in June 2011 my husband and I made the decision to get the internet and cable out of our home for a period indefinite.  We just needed a break from all the hoopla.  And a break we got!  Sure, there were occasional trips to the library to check in, and I would get on when my phone would pick up a wi-fi signal, but other than that, it was completely out of our home.  It was definitely nice...sometimes.  We all really enjoyed not having the distraction, but every once in awhile situations popped up that definitely made us think that life would be a whole lot easier if we could hop online and find the info instantly.  Now, don't get me wrong...we survived without the internet just fine (just like people did before the internet was around), and we could continue to survive without the internet just fine if we had to or desired to.  However, because it's there and because right now we can, we have made the decision to bring it back into our home.

There weren't a whole lot of things I missed, but of the few, blogging was a pretty big one.  I realize I'm not the world's greatest writer and that my blog has no "official" following at the moment (and I wasn't exactly "big time" before we went offline, either!), but blogging has been something that I've always enjoyed, even if I wasn't always consistent with it.

Having said that, it has been 3 days since we've been back online here and I am just now writing this post.  Why, when I'm so excited to get blogging?  Well, I wanted to get all the re-exploring out of my system first.  Catching up on Facebook with a real keyboard instead of using the hunt-and-peck method on a phone, re-visiting old favorite sites and making sure favorite recipe sites were still up and running, and cleaning out my e-mail account, groups, and reader account.  Now that those things are for the most part taken care of, I can sit down, relax, pray over, and think about what I really want to write about.

To me, this is kind of like a fresh start, a clean slate.  A time to really think about where I want this blog to go.  Or more like, a time to pray about where God wants to take this and ask Him to use my writing and this blog to glorify Him.  And may it be so.

No comments:

Post a Comment