Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Back to the Basics

For the last few months, I have felt like I'm floundering, wandering aimlessly through life surrounded by chaos.  Between an MS flare-up, the drama-filled election, illness, Christmas (with illness), birthdays, and yes, more illness, the last few months have felt like a complete fog.  My daily time with the Lord has not been consistent, my parenting has not been consistent, and don't even get me started on homeschool and housework!  I've tried to start counting calories again and working out in an attempt to get back on track with my weight-loss, but that's slipped with the last go-round of sickness in the house.

SO...

Tomorrow morning I wake up with a clean slate.  I am going to wake up early and have some coffee.  Then, it will be time to start building again.  Back to the basics I go.  I have an idea of all the things I would like to do, but I'm not going to start off my clean slate by mucking it up with a long to-do list.  Nothing will get done, or at least get done right, unless I start my day off right...in the Word.  So my mission tomorrow is to do whatever I need to do to get up early and stay awake to spend some time with Him.  I have a yearly bible reading schedule that I'm currently "behind" on, but I'm not concerning myself with "catching up," but merely just getting started again.  Then, I have an online bible study my husband and I are doing together.  That's it.  Those are my absolute must-do's tomorrow.  Everything else will fall in place as long as I get those done.  My Anchor.

No comments:

Post a Comment