Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Sunday, February 17, 2013

No Sugar Days 3-5

Perhaps I should have written this post last night...the last couple of days have been a blur.  My brain fog must have been worse than I thought!  ;-)

Friday removed a layer of fatigue.  No headache and no body aches.  I was just tired and spacey.  I was able to make dinner and do laundry, but that seemed to wipe me out.  I tried to take a nap, but I don't think I really fell into a deep sleep, as I had on Days 1 and 2.

I was so happy on Saturday to notice the fatigue was pretty much gone!  However, in it's place, came irritability.  Over the last year, I had really taught myself to get used to, and learn to enjoy instead of being annoyed by, my boys rambunctious and sometimes loud behavior.  Yesterday, however, certain noises really irritated me and almost seemed to cause physical pain via creepy-crawly feelings.  I should mention here, also, that I am also inadvertently going through caffeine withdrawl.  It's not part of the fast, but I'm not one of those people who drinks coffee every day (pop had been the major source of my caffeine), and since Day 1, it has just happened that I haven't made any coffee.  Confession?  I'm pretty sure I was too tired and out of it to get a pot going!

Today, things seem to be evening out.  I'm still slightly irritable, but not nearly as bad as yesterday.  Of course, that could be because when I stepped on the scale this morning, I had quite the surprise.  I am down 4.5 pounds in just four full days of being off of all refined sugars!  That is awesome, and I am truly thanking and praising God this morning for this motivation and inspiration to keep on keeping on.  All the glory goes to Him!


And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
 ~2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment