Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Lisa's Homemaking Corner

Monday, April 7, 2014

Menu Plan Monday 4/7/14

I'm trying to get back into my blogging groove.  I realize I go through seasons where I am willing and able to blog regularly and seasons where I don't blog at all.  And I'm okay with that.  ;-)  I'm also trying to get back into a menu-planning groove.  It's been awhile since I've sat down and planned out a whole week's worth of menus ahead of time.  I've been completely gluten-free for almost two months now, and I honestly don't know why I do this to myself...coming up with meals on-the-fly when you have to incorporate any sort of special diet can get pretty stressful--or monotonous--at times.  So, I'm going to hopefully cut out the unnecessary stress by planning ahead a little again.  So, here we go!

Sunday: Homemade Chipotle Bowls with Carnitas, cilantro lime rice, and corn salsa
Monday: Coconut chicken over rice, served with roasted carrots
Tuesday: Tuna salad (I'm making both gluten-free and standard)
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Chicken meatball sandwiches (I will make hoagie buns and have on hand gluten-free ciabatta rolls), pickles, chips
Friday: Oven-fried pork chops, applesauce, baked potatoes, German red cabbage
Saturday: Baked tacos and fixin's, corn

I've been having fun trying recipes that I've pinned to my Recipes to Try board on Pinterest.  :-)  Most of the recipes on this week's menu I haven't tried yet.  I'm typing this up Sunday before dinner, and very much looking forward to our Carnita dinner.  The house smells wonderful!  We have had the baked tacos before, and it is a favorite here.  I will be changing the shells, though.  Last time we had them, I used flour tortillas.  Now, they will be made with corn.

Here's to hoping for a wonderful week!  Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment